Thursday, July 17, 2008

Healing lunch

I had an incredible day yesterday. I went to lunch with my soon-to-be boss. We have had a lot of differences in the past so I was somewhat concerned about how the lunch would go. But neither of us looked back and it was a very future focused lunch. I think we both understand each other better. He is very much involved in the politics of the program and the department and I am not, and have no interest to be. And I think he didn't understand that before. I think he thought that I had some kind of agenda. But I don't. I don't think he understands that, but I think he gets that now. So, I think we'll work ok as a team when September rolls around.

In the evening, we had prayer at Rustle and 11 people came. I am not sure how many people there are in our church - maybe 60?- but 11 is a significant portion! I am in awe of what God is doing. Because it really seems incredible- and we get almost that many pretty consistently. Then it was hard to get them to stop praying. At 8pm I started looking for a way to wrap it up. At 8:20 I managed to squeeze in a closing prayer of thanks and Henri switched the lights on. And people STILL kept praying! I would say that prayer for an hour and 20 minutes, with people still not wanting to stop- it's all God baby!

On the way home, on 3rd av. I passed by 3 older guys- maybe in their 50s?- standing by a pickup and talking. I caught a snippet of their conversation "...she was engaged to marry him.(pause) She got saved and started going to church..." And I was grinning knowing God was busy everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home