Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shy

At the women's meeting on Tues. Michelle mentioned a difference between being shy and being an introvert. I think I am both. I don't mind being the introvert, despite working at an extrovert-designed job. But the shy I fight with a lot. And it's not something that you can rationalize away. I look at the situations logically, but still when I operate it seems to be my comfort zone to be shy. I don't like being in a comfort zone. I like being uncomfortable and pushing myself- it makes me feel good when I do!

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, July 11, 2008, Blogger rab said...

So, let's get this straight. You won't be comfortable unless you're uncomfortable? Sounds like a recipe for an endless cycle of comfort/discomfort. I think you should learn to settle for comfort.

 
At 12:45 AM, July 14, 2008, Blogger Bar L. said...

I am introverted and have social anxiety but am not shy. Its weird.

You are right about growing when we get out of our comfort zones. Its not easy but it does feel good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home